Monday, March 29, 2010

Upcoming Concerts

Okay all. There are a lot of shows coming up that I highly recommend you check out. Here are a few concerts coming up that I'm definitely planning on attending in SoCal.

Patty Griffin - April 10th at the Wiltern (expect a review from on this one). If you're not familiar with Patty, I recommend dowloading some of her stuff pronto. "Impossible Dream" is my favorite album of hers (particularly the song "Useless Desires"). Yet, there's something to be said about her stripped down debut "Living With Ghosts" (just her and an acoustic guitar). And it really doesn't get much better than the sweet, slow, heart-wrenching song "Rain" from her album "1,000 Kisses." She's currently touring to support her new album, "Downtown Church", which is a collection of gospel songs. If you would like to read my review on this album, click here: http://www.accesshollywood.com/on-the-download/on-the-download-patty-griffin_article_28071

Lilith Fair - touring all summer, but in Los Angeles/Orange County July 10th at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. So, the dates and cities were just recently announced and it looks like they're still trying to figure out who's playing in what city/venue. So far, to be honest, the LA date doesn't look to promising. But i'm hoping they'll beef up the lineup just a little bit. Most of the performers have been announced already. So here is my ideal lineup (and if i have to arrange a little road trip to see all of these bands/artists...so be it). But, of the performers, this is who I would love to see in LA, to make my life and budget a little easier: Colbie Caillat, Court Yard Hounds, Erykah Badu, Gossip, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Metric, Sara Bareilles, Sheryl Crow, Sugarland, Tegan and Sara (of course), The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Vedera, and maybe a little bit of Ke$ha (don't judge). Who knows if any of them will play in LA, but I'm seriously hoping so...especially Vedera. If not, i'll be hitting up every city each one is playing in until I see them all. (Well...we'll see if that ACTUALLY happens, but it sounds like fun!)

Jenny Lewis (opening for Levon Helm) - August 15th at the Greek. How beautiful will this concert be? The Greek is where I saw Rilo Kiley's very last concert (at least, that's what a lot of people were touting it as, but i'm optimistic that we haven't heard the last of RK...in fact...I know we haven't. Here's hoping for at least another RK tour...) So I'm really looking forward to seeing her open for the Levon Helm Band. I've NEVER missed J.Lew when she plays in LA and this will be my 13th time seeing her in concert. Or is it my 14th? Oh hell, I'm starting to lose track. But when I told my dad about Levon Helm playing, he got really excited. So I'm thinking maybe I'll bring him along. He can introduce me to Levon, and I can introduce him to the genius that is Jenny Lewis. This show is sure to be legendary.

Paramore with Tegan and Sara - September 19th at the Honda Center in Anaheim. My head just about exploded when I learned of this joint venture between two of my favorites. I've seen Tegan and Sara several times now, but never in such a big venue, so I'm curious to see how that will play out. And this will be my first time seeing Paramore. Excited!!!

Stay tuned for more concert updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment